.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, February 03, 2008

 

It's the Cops

Saw The Police last night, as part of their reunion world tour.

I never really got into The Police; for a band with rock pretensions, they never really "rocked", at least not in the sense of The Who et al. For example, they named their second last album after an existentialist book Sting had found interesting - not exactly driving a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool or chucking a TV out of a hotel window.

However! Such earnestness has a flipside - songs about the troubles in Northern Ireland still retain the same artistic cred as when they were first performed which is more than you can say about lyrics such as "I hope I die before I get old".

Their show was good, and most importantly they were entertaining in their own right and not merely some kind of travelling historical freakshow, such as the Rolling Stones.

Also, Andy Summers is 85 years old or something. I never knew that.

PS It appears I have mistaken the average t-shirt price for Summers' age. Summers is, of course, 95.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?