.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Cat Empire

Yesterday we bought a cat. His name is Philip J. Cat, in homage to Futurama's Philip J. Fry which is in turn a homage to Philip K. Dick so an excellent lineage there I think. We got him from the Perth Cat Haven, A Home for Destitute Cats. His original name, according to the Cat Haven, was Cosmo but it would be a cold day in hell before I'd let a cat be named Cosmo so I suggested we might get around the problem by naming him Cosmonaut Yuri Gargarin and call him Cosmo for short. But as everyone else pointed out he'd still effectively be named Cosmo so that idea got knocked back.

I guess this puts me on the cat person side of the cat person/dog person divide, much in the same way as driving a Falcon puts me in the Ford camp of the great Ford/Holden war. I couldn't really care less about either, and when it comes to pets I'm really more of a bee person. But if it must be one or the other, I'm fine with cats, at least they exercise themselves and don't shit everywhere.

Comments:
Cats also don't sting you in the head, so that's another bonus.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?