.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Bloody hell!

Went to the tip yesterday to chuck out some stuff and while giving a curtain rod the old heave-ho I got a humungous splinter in my hand. Went right from the base of my thumb to the base of my index finger, it did. And when I took it out, hoo boy, it was like turning on a tap. A tap connected to a vat of blood, that is! Aiiieeeee!! There was so much blood a small child wandered over to slyly have a look at my hand while I was waving it about shrieking like a gurl^H^H^H^H^H^H^H manfully wrapping it up in a piece of paper I found in the ute.

And then as quickly as it started, it stopped. And now all I have to show for it is a tiny cut near the base of my thumb. I swear life ain't fair sometimes.

Comments:
I once got a splinter under the nail of my right middle finger. It went in as deep as the first knuckle, and was a bugger to get out.

At least I now have a good idea how I'd cope with being tortured by having bamboo shoots inserted under my fingernails, i.e. I'd squeal that you were the brains behind the job quicker than you can say 'duh'.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?