.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

 

Why Don’t More People Dress Up As Batman These Days?

I was talking to my friend Trev the other night. Trev is a psychologist, and consequently we spend a fair bit of time discussing abnormal psych cases (as you do). One which came up, one of my all time favourites in fact, is The Guy Who Dressed Up As Batman. Before you jump to any conclusions it’s not the one about the dude who jumped out of his cupboard and knocked himself out on the bedpost, or whatever. That is an URBAN MYTH.

No, this particular dude used to dress up as Batman and drive around the streets of his town in a mocked-up Batmobile. Whenever he espied lawbreakers, (typically litterbugs, graffiti artists etc) he would drive up and, in all seriousness, order them to desist. If they did not, he would immediately drive to the local police station and report them.

I can’t begin to imagine the number of impressionable youngsters who would have been “scared straight” by the imposing authority figure of an old guy dressed as Batman, and nor can I guess at the gratefulness of the overworked police for this assistance in maintaining law and order. I say, why don’t more people dress up as Batman these days, and use their powers for good, instead of stupid things like scaling Buckingham Palace? Gah. I blame society.
.

Comments:
Really, why not? Batman rocks. And all the circus clowns running a mock are starting to really freak me out.
 
Well, with a little help I reckon I could be the next loony in a Batman costume. Excellent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?