.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Genius in One of Its Many Guises

Many years ago I heard Watergate break-in man G. Gordon Liddy on the radio. The only thing I remember was that he said he could kill a man with a pencil, and sometimes during times of idleness I wonder what other office supplies might be suitable for killing a man … a large steel ruler perhaps, or maybe a chain of suitably sturdy paperclips ... ah yes; eeexcellent ...

Anyway, I think a small hole punch would test even the formidable Mr Liddy, so I doubt many people would instinctively use it as a weapon. This is probably just as well, because the other day one of my colleagues barged into my office in a terrible state and started waving a small hole punch under my boss's nose. Does anyone know anything about hole punches, he enquired fretfully, because his had stopped working.

It turned out one of the punching pins was stuck. My boss tactfully suggested levering it open with a screwdriver and the colleague went away satisfied.

He is a senior scientist in the WA Health Department. However I am unconcerned, because what I saw was so bizarre I can only assume it was genius too great for mortals to comprehend.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?