.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 18, 2005

 

People Who Walk Backwards

I don’t know if it’s just me – it probably is – but I seem to be plagued by people walking backwards. We’re both walking along minding our own business, them in front of me, when suddenly without warning they go into reverse. I barely have time to shout "what the hell are you doing?” before the inevitable collision occurs. Usually happens with old ladies in the supermarket, so read into that what you will.

Yesterday I got cleaned up by a backwards-walking colleague in the tea room; one moment walking along smoothly in front of me, the next it’s full speed in the opposite direction. I was holding a coffee at the time and reacted in the only way I know how, ie pouring scalding liquid all over myself. WHY CAN’T PEOPLE STICK TO WALKING FORWARDS, AS THE GOOD LORD INTENDED? Bloody hell.

Comments:
I believe these are the same old ladies who decide to hold confused conversations in busy doorways. We provide perfectly decent bingo halls and public libraries for them to hold confused conversations in, but is that enough for them? No, apparently it isn't.
 
Next time, will ya please remeber to spill the coffee ONTO the person in reverse gear?

On a totally different note, some people say that walking backwards makes your legs longer. I personally wouldn't mind Julia Roberts walking backwards into me. *Then* I'd drop coffee on myself...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?